Yard Waste Pick-Up Guidelines
Did you know the City of Canton and Waste Management will pick up your yard waste?
City of Canton residents can call the Canton Public Works Department at 770.704.1559 to schedule yard waste, such as weeds, grass, hedge trimmings, leaves, brush and tree limbs, for pick up using the following guidelines:
- Leaves, grass clippings and yard waste (small sticks and brush) should be placed in paper lawn waste bags to receive expedited service. Paper bags can be purchased at hardware and grocery stores. The use of plastic bags for yard waste is prohibited. Rocks and dirt (including plants and shrubs with dirt attached to the root system) should not be placed in lawn waste bags.
- A maximum of 6 bags will be collected weekly per residential property.
- Loose leaf pick-up can be requested as well, but will be scheduled based on availability.
- Brush and limbs must have a diameter smaller than 6” and a length no greater than 6’. The overall size of the pile shall not be taller than 6’ or wider than 6’.
- The City of Canton will pick up brush once a week per residential property, upon request.
- Removal of leaves, grass clippings, brush and trees cut by contractors will be the responsibility of the resident’s contractor.
- Do not stack yard waste in the street, blocking sidewalks, near fire hydrants, cable or utility boxes, stormwater catch basins, mailboxes or any other public utility receptacles.
City of Canton Yard Debris pick-ups must be requested by a resident. To schedule a pick up of yard debris that meets the above criteria, please contact the City of Canton Public Works Department at 770.704.1559.
- Waste Management will also pick up yard waste as part of your regular weekly service with the following guideline:
Limbs must be bundled and tied with rope or string. Bundles may not exceed 30 lbs. and cannot be greater than 4' long and 4" in diameter.
- Weekly limit of 8 brown recycle bags, bundles or combination of the two (not to exceed the 8 bag limit for trash and yard waste combined).
- Must be at curb before 6 a.m. on collection day.
- Grass clippings and leaves must be in bags or placed loose in a separate container labeled “Yard Waste.”
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED INCLUDE: tree trunks, limbs greater than 4" in diameter, whole trees, logs, dirt, rocks, Christmas trees.