The City of Canton Municipal Court provides an accessible legal forum for individuals to have their court matters heard in a fair and efficient manner while providing a high level of integrity, professionalism, and customer service.
This position is responsible for providing community control supervision and case management of misdemeanor offenders sentenced by the City of Canton Municipal Court. The Probation Officer is responsible for the enforcement of all court orders and terms of probation. Other duties include clerical and customer service support for operations of the Municipal Court, including collections of fines, cash bonds, certified copies, and online payments, balancing of cash drawer, preparing documentation and maintenance of accurate records. Some of the duties include but are not limited to: provides essential supervision to all assigned probationers; maintains a copy of receipts of all monies paid by probationers; processes dispositions of citations and court documents for docket; generates license suspensions and reinstatements; completes probation intake process with probationers; screens and processes all assigned incoming cases through disposition; maintains strict confidentiality of all probation records; ensures the quality of case management; attends all required court hearings; maintains accurate documentation; documents all contacts with probationers in chronological notes, follow-ups, and including various forms of paperwork for presentation to the Judge for signature; provides a thorough review of all assigned cases at a minimum of once per month; provides responsible supervision to ensure compliance with court-ordered community service conditions and follows up on the completed hours worked; investigates suspected fraudulent reports of community service work completed; skillfully administers alcohol/drug screening procedures on probationers; processes and enters citations and bond information in the court computer system; assists in auditing Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and certification reports generated by Court Administrator; copies citations and reports for attorneys when a discovery is submitted; collects fees for videos of discovery; prepares various written reports; attends meetings with representatives of other agencies; performs related duties.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a associate degree from an accredited college or university in a course of study related to the occupational field. Baccalaureate degree, preferred.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having had a position, such as probation officer, parole officer or correction’s counselor for five (5) or more years.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• State of Georgia Probation Officer Certification.
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Life insurance for each employee
• Long term disability for each employee
• Direct deposit
• Retirement plan
• Paid Time Off (PTO) is provided to regular full-time employees to be used for vacation, personal illness, illness of an immediate family member, or other personal business.
• 11 paid holidays per year
Starting salary for this position is $45,000.00 annually dependent upon qualifications & experience.
Apply now below or submit a paper application (download document here).