Inclusive Playground Ribbon Cutting Feb. 20 at Etowah River Park
Please join the City of Canton Mayor and Council for a ribbon cutting in honor of the new inclusive playground equipment at Etowah River Park Tuesday, Feb. 20, at 3 p.m.
This ADA playground features wheelchair accessible structures designed for children of all abilities to be able to play together and much more:
- Ramps for easy wheelchair access throughout the structure
- Includes a unitary rubber surface (Pour In Place) with wheelchair access leading to 2 ADA swings
- 2 generation swings which allow parents to swing with their kids on the same swing.
- 2 ADA swings which are designed for children with limited mobility and include a safety harness
- Revolution inclusive spinner allows sideloading for wheelchair access and is designed for up to 10 children
- Rock N ship is designed for all accessibility
- Shades to help beat the summer heat
- Inclusive Play panels including sign language and braille panel
A special thanks to the generosity of the Resurgens Charitable Foundation for their support of this project. We hope you will join us to celebrate officially opening the playground to the Canton community.
Etowah River Park is located at 600 Brown Industrial Parkway and is open every day from dawn to dusk to the public.