The national small business movement, Independent We Stand , announces the quarterfinalists, including Canton Main Street of Canton, in the 2019 “ America’s Main Streets ” contest. As the lifeblood of our cities and towns, Main Streets play an important role in the long-term success of communities and help build a sense of place. Independent We Stand invites the public to vote for their favorite quarterfinalist and move a deserving Main Street one step closer to the grand prize of $25,000.
Why should YOU vote for Canton Main Street?
The Canton Main Street program was established in 2010 to enhance the quality of life for the Canton residents. With a heart for historic preservation and an eye on the future, Georgia's Canton is building an economy for the next generation while restoring buildings from past generations. In the last two years, over 300,000 square feet of historic buildings have been restored including former schools, a textile mill, and the historic Jones Mercantile in the heart of Downtown. Canton has made a name for itself with exciting and new possibilities for growth within an authentic, inviting community that deeply cares about the City's future and unrivaled quality of life. Georgia Trend Magazine recently recognized Canton as one of the 2019 'LIVE, WORK, PLAY' Communities. Conveniently located between Atlanta and the Blue Ridge Mountains, Canton is the fastest growing county in Georgia. For that reason, Canton is adding over 400 new homes each year and working to connect downtown with the Etowah River through aggressive trails plans, infrastructure improvements, and a passion for placemaking. This grant would provide seed money for new business growth in the Downtown area as we move #CantonForward.
Semifinalist voting begins today, April 29, at MainStreetContest.com and runs through May 26.
The top 10 semifinalists will be announced May 27. The winner of the 2019 “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 3 followed by a “Main Streets Make Us Better” celebration on the Fourth of July, when the winner will announce how the prize money will be used.
Nearly 230,000 total votes were cast for 232 entrants during the nominations phase. The 2019 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
· Belleville Main Street, Belleville, Ill.
· Benicia Main Street, Benicia, Calif.
· Cambridge Main Street, Cambridge, Ohio
· Canton Main Street, Canton, Ga.
· Center Street/Downtown Rutland, Rutland, Vt.
· Corning's Gaffer District, Corning, N.Y.
· Downtown Big Rapids, Big Rapids, Mich.
· Downtown Elkin Historic Main Street, Elkin, N.C.
· Downtown Jeffersonville, Jeffersonville, Ind.
· Downtown Montpelier, Montpelier, Vt.
· Herrick Avenue, Wellington, Ohio
· Historic Downtown Ripon, Ripon, Wis.
· Jacksonville Main Street, Jacksonville, Ill.
· LaBelle Downtown Revitalization Corporation, LaBelle, Fla.
· Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue, Pa.
· Logansport, Indiana, Logansport, Ind.
· Lost Nation Main Street, Lost Nation, Iowa
· Main Street Amherst, Amherst, Ohio
· Main Street Covington, Covington, Ga.
· Main Street Hayward, Hayward, Wis.
· Peru, Indiana, Peru, Ind.
· Saco Main Street, Saco, Maine
· Texarkana Main Street, Texarkana, Ark./Texas
· Uptown Butte, Montana, Butte, Mont.
· Wellsboro Main Street, Wellsboro, Pa.
For more information on Canton Main Street, visit: cantonga.gov or contact Velinda Hardy at 770-704-1548 or email email@example.com
About Independent We Stand
Independent We Stand is a nationwide movement of independent small business owners whose mission is to inspire other small business owners to better understand and celebrate their locally owned status while educating consumers about the importance and strong economic benefits of supporting them. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc . STIHL products are sold through more than 9,000 authorized local STIHL Dealers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Associate sponsors include Nationwide Marketing Group , PPG and Do it Best Corp .